Thursday, August 26, 2010

Little Girls are made of Sugar and Spice...

...and everything nice, which is why I wanted to make some dresses for our friends' little girl, Citlali. Since I don't have her here to try things on and fit as we go, I opted to start with some pillowcase dresses. Oh my are they simple and absolutely adorable! The great benefit is that they can grow with the child (and we all know how fast toddlers grow)!

If my memory serves me, Citlali will be 2 in November, so while this will be a dress for her now, it can be loosened at the neck and become a top as she gets bigger! I'm hoping to get some pictures of her in the dresses to share with you, too. She is just adorable!



(This dress is made with white pique cotton with multi-colored polka dots - rescued from Mom's stash - and red grossgrain ribbon)



(This dress is actually made from a pillow case with a tie and bias tape I made from white broadcloth)

No comments:

Post a Comment